Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Not me...
Yesterday I discovered an alarming bit of information. Someone has been using my American Express card. They have already bought $138. and change with it. Ranging from, electronics, to 2 cell phones and, get this, a spam blocker. After contacting customer service we also learned that the card number was used that very day in an attempt to order something to the tune of $641. Darren at Am. Express took good care of us and has already taken off the fraudulent charges, canceled my card, and issued me a new one. Now I know that the amount that someone took from me was not large, but I have to admit that I feel on edge. I have taken the time to look into my credit report to make sure it was not systemic, it is not:) and I find myself more guarded in general. Maybe that is for the best. I just am amazed that it could happen to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Just a short while ago, someone used Daddy's card to buy a whole bunch of airplane tickets from some random faraway place. (My memory is telling me Indonesia, but I'm not completely positive.) It does seem strange when things like that happen - things that you here about often but never expect to actually encounter.
I recommend hunting them down and shooting them. :-)
i like the way you think:)!!
Well, if you would just max out your own card, no one else can use it! Including you!
The hunting down and shooting of someone sounds way harsh!
p.s. love the new template!
thanks for noticing ;)
I really like the new template too.
And down with credit card fraud! It is no fun to be without a credit card at this time of year, even if it does save money. :) I'm glad you're getting a new one.
The machine at my mom's, and it's one giant pain in the neck to live without it!
I like the new template too! And that is SCARY about the unknown use of your card! I'm glad you could solve the problem.
What Cara means is that the ATM machine ate Mama's debit card, etc. :) Just in case it took anyone else as long to figure out her comment as it took me...
And I like the template too. Nice colors!
Post a Comment