Friday, December 08, 2006
To Sleep...
I have begun to loosen my grip on the private matter of my sleeping habits. I have come to admit that I haven't slept through the night for the last year. It is amazing that James is so unlike his siblings in this matter. And it is no fun. Both my big kids began to sleep from night until morning at 6 and 7 weeks, respectively. Now James is one and still getting up, at least once a night, to nurse. Of course, in his defense, he doesn't suck his thumb like he others, or use a pacifier, hmmm. I have to tell you though, I feel like a bad mother to say that this is happening in my house. I guess so many things have gone so well for us. When your life is charmed you are shocked when something is normal, I guess. I thank The Lord that our kids are all healthy, well behaved, happy and mostly get along with each other. I think I might appreciate it more with a full night of sleep:) Good thing I love the boy with all my heart!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jenna, you poor thing. I can totally relate! All three of my kids waited until they were about eight months old to sleep through the night, and that still not very consistently. It's hard to function on an interrupted night of sleep. But you're right--we have much to be thankful for, like healthy children for one. And I'm relishing every night of uninterrupted sleep I get between now and Baby's arrival!
Uggh....yes, it's no fun at all. Both Ethan and Drew were/are the same way. That sleep deprivation thing can sure make life tough.
Drew is getting a lot better now but still wakes up occasionally. We use a pacifier like many evil heathens and I, for one, am thankful for the measure of sanity it does give me....Hang in there!
thanks ladies! liane~i must admit that we tried to be heathans too, but the little bugger would have none of it:) love the photo of the boys (saw the card the bright's recieved)!
jill~so smart to get it now;)
Post a Comment