Loss is a strange thing. The emotions are different for everyone, the reason to mourn as well. Mourning is the emotion that follows loss. Most think of loss after the death of a person, but there is so much to feel loss after. Sometimes accepting that we are mourning is delayed simply because we don't understand that loss anything we held dear ... a job, a dream, a friendship, a pet, an election, a house, a child not yet conceived, a home, someones respect, a favorite item, a memory, just to name a few. When we lose things, ideas, or feelings our life changes. Day to day will sometimes change, or our outlook, or the way we even relate. Sometimes it is small, the feelings, the loss, the changes. Other times it really makes a large impact affecting every area of our lives.
Loss of a person is also a life changing emotion. From the loss of a child (at any point from conception to your death), a family friend, a childhood friend, a co-worker, a neighbor, your partner, someone you never meet, a parent, the list goes on...We can wonder so many things while we mourn, will we meet them in eternity, will the family be ok, how will my life ever be the same? Our lives change with loss.
What do we do when we live with loss? We can do so many things, this is a time for choices! I choose to turn again to my loving heavenly Father who knows what is best for me!! I turn to my family who loves me un-conditionally! I learn to live differently then yesterday, to be reminded to savor today, as tomorrow is not promised. To keep my heart from bitterness. They are choices as I go through each day. There will be more losses, there will be more joy, there is today and I am learning!
2 comments:
well said. i have watched you through this journey and you have grown. God is faithful. luvs, anderella
I second your friend...God has grown you closer to Him during this time in your life. You have handled loss with grace and while maintaining His light to shine to others...what a great witness to others who have experienced loss, too.
Love you bunches
Post a Comment