Monday, December 29, 2008
Let's make that two...
REALLY long weeks! To add to the events in my last post, I ended up in the ER on Christmas morning. Yup, that's right the Emergency Room on Christmas. After a long night of not sleeping I was sad that I could no longer swallow my own spit or even speak. Bill called our doc on call and he had two suggestions...1. go to er 2. treat the symptoms. Well, we woke the kids, told them the news (when I say we I mean Bill, as I couldn't talk), and dressed them to head out. The bright spot to Christmas morning in the ER is there was nobody else there! After a Demerol, fluids, steroids, and blood draws to test for mono and strep we learned it was strep. Now antibiotics, meds to take home, and discharge papers. As we pulled into our driveway...Bill exited our borrowed car to hear the sounds of the neighbors generator, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We were without power, AGAIN. It only was a few hours, and with a couple of naps, loads of disinfectant, and a cowboy bandanna we celebrated Christmas with my parents. Now all I want is an uneventful 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have done Christmas in the ER, it stinks! So sorry you had Strep. It is awful. Sounds like you and I have had record years! Solidarity sista.
I wish you were in my neck of the woods...I was also hanging out in the hospital on Christmas. I could have been your nurse!
I am praying that your new year is MUCH nicer to you than at least the end of 2008 was.
Does going out with a bang mean anything to you??
Post a Comment