Monday, February 09, 2009
In the shower...
I think the best in the shower these days. I am not sure if it is the 10 minutes I get with the fewest interruptions of the day, the warmth of the water, the disconnect from electronics, or being without "encumbrances" that makes me think. Really I don't care. I like that I can think! Today I began with my week...would we make it on our ski trip of the week? Then, about weather or not I would ever be back to health? Then I think I lingered too long because I came to a tough one...when you forgive someone, does the hurt go away? I have been struggling with forgiveness for sometime now (ie. forgiveness that is not asked for, forgiveness at all) I believe that I have forgiven, but the hurt is still there. So I began to ask myself if I did it right? Prayer began and a pleading with the Holy Spirit to lead me to the answer, an understanding of the healing process. Today's shower cleaned me inside and out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
mmmm, I get my best praying/thinking (and crying!) (and singing!) done in the shower, too.
:-)
PS: my personal experience with forgiveness has been that sometimes I have forgiven but the wound left on my heart sometimes just takes time to heal. And sometimes the wound will heal but there can be a tiny scar...but scars can often be a reminder of a time of healing. Hope the wound for you heals, and that the scar ends up being a beautiful one that reminds you of growth and healing. Thanks to the Lord for showers!! :-)
Post a Comment