As many of you know...our lives have been "busy" based on external tragedies this winter! Another set back came this morning as I called the doctors office AGAIN and went in for another appointment. As I sat and learned more of the ravage antibiotics has taken on my little body I am beginning to see that I could become someone who will think very hard about western medicine and it's role in my future. After months of strep and antibiotics that made me better from strep quite nicely I am still paying the price! So many trips to the doctor, too many to count. Procedures to find the answers to so many lingering health troubles. I am really at the end of my rope. Being a generally healthy person, until now, I am amazed at how unhealthy I can be and what a toll that takes on ones emotions.
In the past I would say I am a person who believes that God created our bodies to work on fixing themselves. Don't get me wrong, that hasn't changed, let me continue. I also believed that western medicine was a gift God gave to us through the smarts He passed to His people! Our family tends towards asking a doctor for the diagnosis and a way to help our bodies fix themselves, if that didn't work to then ask for western intervention. We have believed in immunizations for our kids, but not all of them, using our judgment as parents to take in only that which we needed. Also turning our backs on treatments that had been developed using discarded babies. (sorry for the soapboxing moment) I am starting to rethink the part about what and when to introduce western intervention, hmmmm.
0 comments:
Post a Comment