Monday, April 06, 2009

some time to think...

I am working on a really hard letter. I have taken a few months to work on my response to a very terrible letter I received. This is not my style! The events of our winter have helped me to wait and pray and take time to let the most painful emotions pass. Just not having time or emotional strength (in case you missed it...december ice storm=no power for 7 days, suburban fire in driveway, house fire=need for new vehicle and MANY $ of work on our home, 4 rounds of strep for me, 2 for hubby, 1 for 2 of the 3 kids = lots of money, trips to doc, and REALLY bad side effects for mommy who is allergic to some anti-biotics, car shopping while sick and winter in N.E., potty problems = new potty$, septic$, fighting with our ins. company over bills, the death of our furnace on a thursday night = cold weekend and $$$$, and continued health issues for me, another appt. on wednesday).
Today I began the first draft. I am still hurt, but am glad to feel that the wound is healing since it first showed up in the fall! I have talked about forgiveness before and I will again as I am not good at it...but I really think the Holy Spirit helped me work it out this time!! I don't feel hate for the act, or a need to get even, it is in the past! I don't know what the means for the future I'll try to be patient and see. Again, not a strong suit of mine. Malachi 3:3 is about the refining process, I feel the heat and see some refining! If you ask me, I'm good for now Lord!! :)

1 comments:

The Boisverts said...

Yay. Well said... refining, indeed. I agree, you've had more of your share of the Refiner's Fire for a while I think, though! :-) So glad to hear that forgiveness and healing is taking root and that you are working on such an important letter! I'll pray you have the right doses of clarity, humbleness and love in your endeavor.
My prayer, too, for you is to see the light return to your beautiful brown eyes this spring.
Lots of love.