Thursday, November 05, 2009

An absence...

I know I have  been absent from this blog for a little while...I have been very busy!  Our lives seem to have exploded into a very full routine around here.  I am very happy about it!  Sometimes busy equals craziness and a lack of focus.  This season in our lives seems very focused.  I am pleased that the Lord has ordered our days this way and am finding that each one has the time for only the things I really need!  It is amazing to me that I am learning such a lesson, one I know I have needed to for a while.  It can be overwhelming to see the long list in front of me each morning, but as the list gets longer I find I have more time for devotions in the morning, or time to stop and play kickball in the twighlight with the kids.  Seems strange, but it is only due to a priority shift that must be allowed to happen when you life is so full.  We are blessed with each and every opportunity and so glad to be able to see our kids growing!!  As the big one was placed on the A basketball team and schedule came out, we were faced with a dilemma...the two practices were during youth group and Sunday church.  He was so disapointed.  The next day we learned that youth group was moved to another night and would no longer be a conflict!  The big one shared that he had been praying for something to give as he fell asleep that night!!  What an amazing way for the Lord to strengthen the personal bond in their realtionship.  This is a moment to treasure up in my heart!!  I pray you are happily seeing His hand in your schedule!

3 comments:

rachellechaseblog said...

great post!! i once heard someone talking about how when you tithe, God promises give us more money...it's the same when you "tithe" your time. give God the first "tenth" of your time, and it's like he gives you more time!! have a great weekend!

~Jenna said...

a beautiful reminder! a tithe, i like it :)

The Boisverts said...

Great post; love how God blessed your boy in that awesome way; what a faith-building experience for him!
And Rachelle, great analogy of the tithe -- very true!
Love both of you sisters!