This past weekend I set up the GPS and headed out! In an unusual turn I was going to CT to visit my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate my birthday with them and make good on a birthday gift certificate for my sister! No kids, no plans (they did all the planning), and no laundry, WEIRD!! Took me almost the whole ride to get used to the idea that I was alone in the car :) So the fun began while still in the van...the GPS went black. OH NO!!!! This was the first time heading out without some sort of back up for the GPS and the first time to their new apartment, YIKES! Needless to say my blood pressure went up :) I pulled right off the highway and into the parking lot of a church, hmmmm. I played with it a little bit and did my best to not freak out, as that wouldn't get me too far (personal experience;)). As it turns out the in-car cord was plugged into a "dummy" outlet, not too sure why there is one, but I found the one with power...it lit up the charger with a little red light and we were in business!! Back on the road. Problem free the rest of the way! I arrived to a nice, bright, top floor apartment that is perfect for them, so happy. Then homemade sushi for lunch. I even got in on the action :) Some talking, catching up, and then a clothing change...off to the gym. WHAT????!! Yup I was making good on my birthday gift to my sister and I took her rock climbing. Ok, confession, she is a rock climber. She goes all the time. The gift to her was to let me teach me and let me pay for it (in more ways then one;)). I had a blast!

Getting started...only doing it because my sister is holding the rope!
Now I have "decided" I don't like heights!!
Convinced to keep going...I think I see her laughing, HAY!!
The wall is my friend, must stay close to the wall!!!
WAHOO!!! I made it! I even went back and sent a few more! Got better each time and even let someone else belay(sp?) for me. Looking forward to another trip to climb!!
After the excitement at the rock gym we showered and headed out to a tapas restaurant and wine bar! So nice, great food, and a nice time to connect with my sister and bro-in-law! Living the city life for the weekend :)
Sunday morning came with a long, hot shower and hot coffee, granola, and homemade yogurt YUM! Off to meet the little cuties that were both born on special days in my life (big sis on our 10th anniversary and lil sis on my birthday, last week)!! Beautiful girls, great friends, nice visit!!!! Pictures are on her camera, will share when I get them ;)
Back to the apartment for a cheese, fresh bread, and beer lunch. Boy these kids know how to spoil me!!! Ikea before heading home! WOW!! A wonderful weekend filled with a whole range of things, thanks to my sister and her husband!!
1 comments:
oh, I was DEFINITELY laughing. :) You did a great job climbing (as I knew you would). In retrospect, I really should have milked the fact that I held your life in my hands a little more!
I'm so glad you had fun down here, because I had a great time planning everything and it was just as awesome as I had hoped it would be!
Post a Comment