i sat down to write, what are we thankful for? as i waited a moment for the pages to load i heard something...not the clicking of keys, or the dryer, or the heat, but the sweet sounds of my kids having conversation with each other! there are 7 years between them all...the oldest is 12 and the youngest is 4 (5 in 10 days). they talk about all kinds of things, boys stuff (the girl can produce the best burp), girl stuff (the little one loves to play dolls with his sis) and just plain kid stuff. what a treat that we are blessed with kids who are each others best friends!! don't get me wrong, there are fights, hurt bodies, hurt feelings, and days when they think they hate each other...BUT this is the reality, they love each other and would turn to no one else for advice, help, or to tell an inside joke. I AM THANKFUL!!
what do you hear??
2 comments:
Beautiful post, Jenna. I also love listening to my kids conversations when they don't know I am. It's so awesome to know they really love one another and support each other. All that love that they give and receive at home is training for life...how to give it away to others later on.
Thanks for sharing.
I heard the shouts and screams of excitement that Aunt Anje was at Grandma's house! That's what my Thanksgiving sounds were.
Post a Comment