Monday, September 18, 2006

That made me think...

On Sunday our pastor's sermon was geared towards the men in our congregation, I believe the title was "Godly Men". I thought I would sit back and listen to all the ways my husband was biblacally called to care for me. Than I heard Pastor Evan say "how do you react when you are treated like a servant?" I have to admit that is one thing I have a major problem with. I began to think about the numbers of times I have said to my kids, "what do you think I am, your personal maid?" I pricked-up my ears and took in the lesson that God had for me in this weeks sermon. I need to be acting like a servant, to selflessly give to my family. To remember God gave them to me. To be thankful and joyful in my role as help-mate, mother, teacher. ALWAYS! I thank the Lord for the reminder and the push. Now the real work sets in as I make the effort to ask God daily to remind me and strengthen me on this next step.

4 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

I have had that same conviction, Jenna. I am always struggling with the whole "personal maid" thing and feeling like I do it all without any thank you from the family. Melody and I had a conversation recently about being a willing servant. It is a hard thing to be. We are such a selfish bunch!
It's neat to think that even though Pastor Evan was mostly talking to our men, that some of us women were listening and receiving too!

~jenna said...

sue, thanks! it always seems a lighter load to bear when we are not the only ones;)

Susan Elizabeth said...

I love communicating with you all week long like this! It feels like we are staying in touch even if we don't see each other in person! Hope you are having a good one.

~jenna said...

i was just thinking the same:)