Monday, February 19, 2007

Baby, it's cold...

Which makes me think of how thankful I am to be warm! When I was a little girl my family kept our heat very low, which was what our budget allowed. We were always told, "go put a sweater on". The best come-back we had was to reply, "over this one?" HEHEHE. As a grown-up and parents, Bill and I are now in charge of the bills and the heat settings...Yup, you guessed it, we don't turn it up. Now I will put a disclaimer here: We keep our house at the "company temperature" from when I was a girl, turning it up when we have company, or sickness. As we all know, gas prices are not what they used be. All that said, I am thankful that Bill's job affords us the ability to heat our home the way we choose.
I am thankful to be warm!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember, when it does get cold at your house, come on over and warm yourself at our woodstove! (That invite goes to everyone else within short driving distance, too.) :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

Even with the woodstove, in zero weather, it can be frigid here, too! But we love to have you come over, as much as we love to go to your house! See you 2-morrow!

Booker said...

isn't it amazing how being the one paying the bills changes your perspective on that type of thing? I know it did for me. Longsleeves in the winter for me! :-)

Curt said...

Toughen up. This is New England. besides, the thermometer at my house hit double digits today!

Susan Elizabeth said...

HA HA!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment...do I know you? If I don't it's totally cool that you commented:) I'm glad you liked it:) I was very into expressing myself yesterday...part of being a woman I gues;)

-journeygirl4god
aka Marie

Anonymous said...

yes I do know alot of Sandfords my mom was one, before she married my dad...my grandparents are too and I'm related to a ton of them;) I finally saw your family picture today and I guess I don't know you...maybe I'll met ya some day...I have family in New England:)