Monday, October 20, 2008

The grandstand...


The post and beam frame sits on the same site as the last grandstand in our town. This weekend we raised the last piece!


Lots of heavy lifting, actually it was easy with the pulley system that was set up. Lots of prep, little effort!


And up she goes!





Even had some helping hands from the young men in town!



The most fun part of the helping :)



And Success! A beautiful sight to behold! The whole structure is held with wooden pegs. Amazing craftsmanship donated by men in our town! Helped by lots of hands from our town :)



Sunday afternoon's work, the roof!
(that is bill up there)

Our family loved helping out, and is in awe of the town we live in and the helping nature of the people that live in it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Boisverts said...

So So So cool!!! What an awesome thing that William will get to tell his children someday; that he and his Dad played a part in raising up the ball field grandstand! So fun; great pics!!!

PS: I know I'm biased, too, but I agree...our cute little town ROCKS. :-)