Beloved Father, we pray that our elected officials would recognize their personal sinfulness and need for the cleansing power of Jesus Christ.
- Help them to understand their inadequacy for the task before them and their need to pray to You for wisdom, knowledge, and courage.
- Move them to reject all counsel that violates the spiritual principles of Your Word and be willing to trust You to lead them in the right direction.
- Guide them and give them insight to resist the pressures of those who would lead them astray or tempt them to disobey You and Your will for their lives.
- Help them also to work to reverse the trend toward ungodliness in our land and to restore America’s Christ-centered values.
- Prepare them to make godly choices in the best interest of America regardless of the cost.
- Help them to maintain dignity, honor, trustworthiness, and righteousness in office.
- Convict them to be a godly example to the men, women, and children of this land.
- And, Dear God, constantly remind them that while in office they are accountable to You for their attitudes, actions, and motives. Amen
After reading this off my father's site I thought about all the conversations I have been having recently with my kids (usually in the car) about respecting an office, and the person who holds it, while you disagree with what they use the office to accomplish. I have a hard time with this concept and explaining it to them forces me to do what I ask of them. To respect the leaders God has given us! To continue to obey the laws of God, this land, and teach my kids the difference between respect and agreeing...I have the rest of my life to work on this. No matter if the leaders are the ones I helped elect or not, respect for the office of the President is something God asks of us. 1 Timothy 2:1-4~
0 comments:
Post a Comment