Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Been a little down...

Literally! For those of you following our year, one of the major pitfalls has been my health. Ten days ago I took proactive action in that department. I had my tonsils and adenoids removed! This is a painful undertaking!! Both my husband and I agreed that my body needed to be rid of these things in order to better care for it in the future. It was a very easy process, the hospital, nurse, and doctor were all wonderful! The surgery went very quickly and easily. I was even released early because I was doing so well, they were impressed. Me too, thought I had it all made...then day 5 hit and that is when the PAIN set in. Let me tell you, it hurt! I am working on week two now and I'm sore, there are painful times, but I am still doing well. The tricky part is that there is nothing wrong with me...but I just can't get myself moving. I felt well over the weekend, so Monday I thought I would have a light day of housework and a little bit of putting things back into place after a week of convalescing, but even a little was too much and I paid! My body works, but it is still healing, hard to remember when it's hidden inside. None the less, glad to have done it, looking forward to a different type of winter this year. And really antsy to get to some really great projects I have rolling around in my head...Come on healing!!

0 comments: