Friday, December 04, 2009

It was 1:30 am ...

Yup, I was awoken at 1:30 am to the sound of a pop, hmmm.  Well I had to pee anyway, might as well get up.  Now I know what that sound was, MY WATER BROKE!!  This was the start of the adventure on Dec. 4, 2005.  After making some clothing changes I woke my DH to tell him the news, today was the day.  He asked me to go back to sleep and do this later in the morning.  Really, that is what he said!  No such luck, after a call to my dear friend who was coming with us, and my mother, and the nurse, still no contractions.  We called the neighbor to come sleep on the couch and alert the older kids when they woke up.  Still nothing.  Waiting around for my girlfriend to come over, now they have begun.  I call the nurse back and let her know the contractions have begun, while on the phone they really pick up and I tell her we will see her soon.  We head to the hospital, it is now almost 3am...At the end of the 25 min trip, I tell DH, DON'T STOP at the stop sign, we need to get there NOW!!  They let me in through the ER doors and wheel me right over to L and D.  The nurse said, I knew you were ready when I was talking to you, you had that sound in your voice.  They didn't even admit me, the work began, my mother rushed in (from ME, a record trip time after a pull over, cop said, be careful and GO).  James Curtis Baggs was born just after 4 am!!  What a rush, our little boy.  Precious then and now!  LOVE YOU BUDDY!!

2 comments:

Touching lives said...

Happy birthday to your Handsome James! I love that he's named after your Dad...makes me certain he will have a definite onrey streak! Love, Aunt Anje.

The Boisverts said...

Happy Birthday handsome boy!