Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Why...

I have been criticized for talking about this topic.  It has been mentioned that I was looking for comments.  I would like to explain why I feel it is important to talk about this, not because I need to defend myself, because I want you to know!  The topic of loss is always tough.  The loss of children that have not been born yet is even more touchy.  In society today, many don't consider it a child because they can't see it, maybe they don't even know you were expecting yet.  I believe conception is the beginning of a new life, that is enough for me.  A child!  Lossing a child, at any point, is heartwrenching!  It is a loss that so many don't know how to deal with, for so many reasons.  By talking about my experiences I pray I will be able to help!  Knowing that you are not alone is a VERY important.  If you are just starting this journey or you are years beyond it, it never goes away!  I pray that we can talk about it, to remember our children, to support each other, and to bring glory to God in the midst of such loss!  That is why I talk about it.

1 comments:

The Boisverts said...

so true. A child. That was lost. So sad and such cause to talk about it and to bear one another's burdens...good for you for not stuffing your sadness away. He can and does offer peace to cope but He doesn't tell you to forget the child that didn't get a chance to rest in your arms. I'm just so thankful that the babies are resting in His arms.
Don't feel like you have to explain yourself on this issue, but thank you for sharing your heart here!