Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Learning...
I have been a mother for 12 years now! My oldest is 11 1/2, but he was a Christmas present ;) and I believe life begins at conception, so I have been a mother for 12 years. Man that makes me feel old! I digress what is new. I have come to learn over the past several months the meaning of God as my father! It seems something I would "get" when I became a parent, understood the love the wells in your heart just looking at one of your offspring, the powerful weight of raising them, the pride of seeming them through others eyes...I almost immediately understood Mary as she "treasured these things in her heart"! Since I was a small girl I have known God loves me, is my father, and accepted the gift of His Son on the cross for me!! I know have come to know what it is to have Him as a parent. How He already knows what I have done, but wants me to tell Him. How He wants to fix everything, but sometimes He just has to let me deal with the consequences instead. And sometimes He can fix it and takes joy in doing it for me. How He smiles on me when I am not looking, but His heart is overflowing with pride! How He hurts worse then I do when I fall! How He longs to be part of everything that I do! I pray that some day you feel, know, and understand this part of a relationship with the Father!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Go, Jenna! Thanks for sharing such a sweet post with us all! xo
Post a Comment