WARNING, THIS MIGHT BE TOO MUCH FOR SOME TO READ! i do not intend to use too much info, or graphic descriptions, but want to warn you before you get started :)
as the months have passed and the pain has become overwhelming some days, i took it to the doctor at my annual visit. she asked me to see an ob/gyn. the pain has been in my breasts, a full week of pain leading up to the start of my monthly cycle. that doctor told me that i should see a psychiatrist and consider anti depressants. this doctor held my hand when i lost a child, delivered my sweet girl, and was someone i trusted. i was floored! i am not depressed, i am in pain. so i started to work on figuring out what was wrong on my own. yes, the internet is where i went. now i wasn't looking for some big deadly disease :) i needed to let out my frustration and find a way to take some control. while i was searching for answers some added symptoms rose to the top...as the picture became more clear i began to look for some support. there was none! more frustration! so i turn here and i pray that by sharing my journey i can be some support for someone!
so what have i learned? well it seems like primenopause. WHAT??? yup, i'm 32 and the symptoms are alarming. being that this is a decade "early" there are some things to ask about why? finding out if there is any underlying problem that is causing it. yes, there are some serious things that could be creating this reaction in my body. so on to the doc.
after the reaction from the ob/gyn i headed back to my nurse practitioner armed with this new info. i looked at her and told i know that this is going on and i needed her help to figure out why and where to go from here. the quality of my life is very compromised. i am unwilling to lose 1/2 my life to this! i am unwilling to subject my kids to this!!! she held my hand and told me she believed me, WAHOO! that was a huge weight off of my shoulders. on to finding answers!
today i did a battery of blood work. next week is a new ob/gyn. and more insight here on the journey. trust me, there is lots to discuss :)
let me say...i am very thankful for my supportive husband, kids who seem to be taking this in stride, and God's timing in it all!
please feel free to comment, i would love to hear from you!!
3 comments:
You are AMAZING and WONDERFUL and I am so very proud of you for not letting this go and for taking charge and doing what you need to do for yourself, your husband and your family. Bravo, Jenna, Bravo!!!! I am so pleased she listened, and can only imagine how gratifying and vindicating that moment must have been for you - holding your breath waiting for the reaction, scared it wouldn't be what you needed it to be. Hooray!
How scary and awful for you... Please let me know what I can do to help... Did your NP recommend a new GYN? I could recommend some, I hope... Had no idea you were going through this... Thanks for sharing.
And everything paulabell said!
Hi! I don't know you but I clicked to your blog thru Rachelle Chase's blog. I rarely get on her blog and have never clicked on some one else's blog thru hers, but I think maybe God wanted me to see this post so I could share something that has really helped me: http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Doctor-About-Premenopause/dp/0446673803
I learned a lot by reading that book and when you understand the causes of things, it can help you make decisions about what actions to take. Blessings to you!!
Post a Comment