Wednesday, March 16, 2011

just a poll...

what would you call irregular periods?  what i mean is, how long between them before you think you might call your doc? 20, 26, 28, 32, 40??
would you base it on what you know is normal for you?  how much would it have to vary from your norm to make you think about it?

7 comments:

Laura Osborne said...

I use to be like clockwork. Every 29/30 days. But the older and more kids I had, the more strange things got. Mine go anywhere from 25-35 days. Usually it is "normal" like in the past. But it no longer surprises me when it comes late or early. I asked my Dr. about this and she said it is common for cycles to change.

carla said...

mine very from 21-32 days apart. for me this is normal.. Doctors say 28-31 days apart

~~ Beth Anne ~~ said...

I'd call my doc for any change that's making me think about it enough to put up a poll on my public blog site :) Seriously though sweetie, that's what they are there for and they won't laugh or anything. So if I were you, I'd ease my mind and make that appointment to chat. ((Hugs))
Beth Anne

The Boisverts said...

my cycle has always been irregular and even more so since I've had the boys, so for me, the only thing that would have me concerned is if I skipped a period or had it longer than 8 days. I think it's normal for our cycles to change as we age.

James Michael said...

I am pretty much clockwork at every 28 days...

Rachael Spray said...

28-45 days ! never know where I am . Always been like it :0)Was more regular after 2nd baby for a year / 18 months (32) but then I have gone haywire again !

Touching lives said...

I have always been "regularly irregular". Anything from 21 days to 45 days and bleed for 4-12 days...I was medicated for a time and established a sense of regularity. I later bled for 32 weeks and never responded to medicinal therapy and required a D&C followed by months of intense hormone therapy. And now several years later I have regulated into a 21-28 day cycle with 3-4 days of mild bleeding.

Praying for answers... <3