Monday, September 11, 2006

So I was thinking...

As I was folding laundry the other day...I began to think. I wonder why there have been no comments on the title of my blog? I wonder if people aren't even looking at it. Is the title of ones blog just a formality like asking "how are you?" and not really listening to the answer?
My sister and I took some time to come up with somthing catchy and telling of my life. Is this a vain pursuit? What if what I see in the mirror is not what others see? Should I care, if I am doing what God wants me to? How do I stop longing for the validation from people? Did God put these wonderful folks in my life to boost me up? Wow and all these musings came from wondering if my blog name was any good!

12 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

You haven't had any comments about your blog title because we are all jealous that we didn't think of it first! (okay, maybe I am just jealous!) I always felt bad for June Cleaver, however. She had to do all of her housework in those ridiculous high heels..and she had to live with a son who did the silliest things! (The intelligence level in that kid was just a bit low!!) Don't feel bad that no one has commented on your title...no one has ever commented on mine, either!

~jenna said...

I think your blog title was what inspired me!! Really, ask Sunnnie. We read yours and I said I couldn't be as good, but had to try :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

NO WAY!!! I actually stole my title from a song by an artist named Sara Groves. I am actually totally unimaginative and I need ideas from outside sources to steal! Like all of my house decorating...stolen from country magazines...all of my cooking ideas...stolen from Betty Crocker or Fanny Farmer...all of the music I play on the piano...well actually, that is all from my very limited musical mind...Anyhoo..I love your title and you are totally June-like!!! (but William is not anything like the beaver and Bill is nothing like Ward...well maybe his shoes!)

Aaron said...

Wait, by your title do you mean "Justlike..." or "Just had to..."? I like them both (!!!), but I have only seen ONE episode of "Leave It To Beaver," so I didn't have much to say about the former. But although I kept it to myself, I DID take an interest: I actually Googled "June Cleaver" to find out who she was.

If it makes you feel better, nobody's ever commented on my blog title ("Aaron's Truly American Blog" - the epitome of creativity!) either. ; (

Susan Elizabeth said...

Ha!

~jenna said...

aaron, well you have made me laugh! hope that was your intention, hehehe.

Unknown said...

It's okay, Jenna, nobody has ever commented on my blog title either. And don't worry, we did comment on your title-in voice. We comment on everybody's titles-again, in voice! I like your title...

~jenna said...

thanks, mel :)

Cara said...

I'm just so happy you have a blog...even if no one comments on your title! I guess I'll chime in with everyone else and say that no one has ever commented on my title, but I used to have a different one that I got comments on, so that doesn't really help. His intelligence isn't low, but I could see similarities between Beaver and him. The only thing is, I haven't seen the show for years, so I might not be as sure about what I'm saying as I think I am. Hmm. I think at this point I'm just typing because I'm tired and want to type. I don't even remember what Beaver is like now...maybe Wiliam is nothing like him at all...now that I'm done writing this book, I'll go.

Cheech said...

I have got to admit that I wouldn't have thought of that title for my blog. ;)

By the way, I like your blogname, Jenna! :)

~jenna said...

cheech, thanks, wondered if anyone would pick up on that too, hehehe

Cara said...

Look how many comments you have!!! I think it's making up for no one commenting on your blog name!