This weekend, my friends and I went to ME for a church retreat. What a lovely time of fellowship and funny and teaching we received! The weather could not have been a more beautiful specimen of fall in New England. Perfect for a walk to the lake, interrupted only by the sound of a silly game of tetherball:) The sessions, with a speaker from TX, were very pedantic and full of Biblical history. The spontaneous giggle session that occurred around the electric lantern placed on one friends bed made each of us feel blessed to be there and like we were back in middle school:) What a great snapshot of true friendship!!
Time away from our families was sacrificed. A sacrifice that earned us all a bountiful reward! Thanks girls for a wonderful memory to add to my album!!
(names have been withheld to protect the not-so-innocent;))
6 comments:
Who woulda thunk that L.M. could beat S.F. at tetherball! Gosh! (a bit embarrassing...to say the least!)
Hahaha, I heard all about the weekend; glad you had a good time!
oh dear, I re-read my comment just now, and I realized it sounds very smug; it sure wasn't supposed to! SORRY!!!
not to worry, i didn't read it that way!!
Jenna, you never went to middle school!
Ya, but she acts just like a middle-schooler!!
Post a Comment