I am very excited!!! My new couch is arriving today, delivered by the best looking guy (my hubby;)). As I was talking with a friend about our current sofa, I was reminded why we needed a new one...The sofa we have now is the one we bought at a yard sale BEFORE we were even married. Now, to be fair, it was in wonderful condition at that point. Since then we have had 3 kids, moved 4 times, and entered a new millennia. Needless to say, it has seen better days. And last night we took it out of the house in a blaze of glory. Cutting off the legs before throwing it into the garage until it takes its final ride...to the dump. Now you may be asking yourself "why inflict such a wound to a couch that has served your family so well?" You see, we live in a house built in 1899 and NONE of the door frames are of a "normal" size. Getting anything in and then out of this house is quite a tough job. We really have to need it!! When we moved into this home (31/2 years ago) it took almost an hour to get the sofa in the front door. This time it was a pleasure. Not to mention the number of broken toes caused by the front legs, great to get our revenge:)
Ok, so for now, the couch is coming and you'll have to check back later for photos!
2 comments:
To think of all the wonderful conversations had and football games we have watched on that very couch! Well, here's to change and new furniture! May your new couch last for many more wonderful conversations and winning football games!
Can't wait to see (and enjoy) it!
I can't wait to see the new couch!!! YAHOO!
When I was reading your post, I thought you said you moved into the house 31 years ago instead of 3 and 1/2...that's impossible, isn't it? ;D Silly 'ole me.
Post a Comment