Sunday, April 15, 2007

A real grown-up...

At least that is what I try to tell myself. What does Shakespeare say..."thou doest protest too much".
Yesterday I let a few close friends watch me in my high-school production of The Music Man. I had the lead of Marion, the librarian. It has been a few years since I had taken the stage in this role. Truth be told, my husband of almost 10 years has never seen this tape. It took guts to share yesterday, but I did and nobody laughed (too hard) at my expense:)
It brought back so many memories, faces I knew from that time in my life, and stories that I had tucked away in my brain. All the words to the songs and the lines came tumbling back to the front of my brain. Amazing how God designed the brain to retain all that we think we must have forgotten. To keep all the information in "storage" until we call upon it again. To complex for this mere mortal!
P.S. I think I may have mustered enough courage to show the MAN, if he asks :)

8 comments:

Aaron said...

Now THERE'S a movie night idea for you! We can even have a sing-along!!!!! :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

I was extremely privileged to be one of the "close friends" that could enjoy you in this wonderfully produced version of "The Music Man". You are my idol in the sense that you did what I only dreamed of doing at that age. (and you did it very well, too!)
Love you!

p.s. I remember we only laughed at the comedic parts...and not at all at you as beautiful Marian Peroo.
p.p.s show it to your man.
p.p.p.s. now it is my turn to share a part of me that you have never heard or seen!

~jenna said...

hmmmm, can't wait and wondering what it could be :)

Booker said...

That must have been a show indeed. I chuckle at the mere thought :-)

Susan Elizabeth said...

Don't get your hopes up...it could take me a few years...

TripleNine said...

Sorry to hear about your loser.

I was very curious when I saw 'big sis' had commented on my site. Not quite sure that it really makes sense over there :)

Unknown said...

A sing-along? I'm there!!!

Thank you so much for showing it to us, big Sis!!! I really really enjoyed it! Maybe someday I can do it, too! That'd be fun. :)

Mum, are you sure you want to show Jenna THAT?

Susan Elizabeth said...

Ha ha Lil' Sis....you crack me up. And maybe I will show her that