Disappointment is something we all deal with as adults, but it would be wonderful to shelter our precious children from it. We live in a fallen world, rendering that an impossibility. Instead God has given us the opportunity to use disappointment to teach our children, and remind us, of His great love! So many times over the last eleven years, as an adult, I have been disappointed. In the last nine I have had to share some of those with my children. The lose of some of our children, the lose of family members, and pets. Sickness, plans that fall through, people who don't come through on commitments to them (sometimes those people are their parents), and things as small as losing a game of crazy 8's. Learning to take these things to God, remembering that He is the one who makes all things work together for the good of those that love Him!! In the big disappointments, not to be bitter, not to run from God, but to Him. These lessons are so hard for us as adults. I have been blessed in these years to have support, from a strong husband, family and friends, who pray for me. My personal weakness is to blame. I am so thankful, that God has given me His strength not to blame Him for the sorrows in our lives. I thank Him for giving my children strength too!! It is amazing to have the burden of that carried for you!
The disappointment fades. Sometimes there are scares. There will be more disappointment. God will always love me!!
1 comments:
The Joy of the Lord is my strength! Great post!
Post a Comment