Crazy weekend~
On Saturday we left the house for soccer, in the rain at 10am and never returned home. Well, not until after 8pm. While it sounds dreary we did have loads of fun packed into that time:) Another rousing soccer game, a birthday lunch, helping out some friends by lending moral support, and a birthday dinner for the big one!! I think he successfully made his birthday last for a whole week:) That is amazing!
On Sunday the day started off quite quietly, but my heart really got started when the boys found an underground beehive and got stung. The little one got 5 around his head and his ear began to swell to the point that I began to think he might be having an allergic reaction. Add to that, the sputtering while taking children's Motrin and I had to call the nurse on-call. He is fine, just a sensitive spot, those ears! The big one got 2, one on the belly and one on the head. I think it will be awhile before they poke sticks into holes in the ground, just a guess.
After that we had our hearts pounding through all the sports games played in N.E. First the Pats had to prove that cheating doesn't pay, by winning, hands down!! The Sox were harder to watch, not only because of the loss to the evil empire, BUT because I couldn't listen to the guys they call professional in the booth! I want my Don and Rem Dogg back!!
Ok, so that is this weekends heart pounding review, stay tuned:)
3 comments:
Fun all around....(except for the bee stings and the loss to the evil empire!)
Here's to: more birthday dinners, cars that run, little black dresses, winning two games in a row, friends that are there for you anytime you need them, and so much more to come!!
*the above list is not in any particular order of importance!
hear, hear!! it is the best feeling in the world to have friends, what a blessing from God!
Oh dear, I didn't get to hear the beehive story today! You poor girl (and poor kiddos, too)! I know the feeling of the knots in the stomach over the "are they allergic to the stings?" question. Last year (oh, you know what? I think it's somewhere posted on my blog from last summer... you'll have to read it.)...anyway, last year I had a doozy of a time with a nest of paper wasps. Wasps nest + kids + kids that are being babysat by me + curiosity from the kids = chaos and a Mother's pounding heart. AND very swollen ears! This year the boys got stung at a friend's house (they had a beehive on their pool)... Logan got stung on the eyelid and it was almost swollen shut. He looked like a boxer, though, so he thought that was cool!!! :-)
Anyway, glad you had a mostly fun weekend aside from the scary bee incident!
Post a Comment